Sister Janet Carol Howard
Illinois Nauvoo Mission
P.O. Box 215
Nauvoo, Illinois 62354-0215

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Heber C. Kimble

  Friday December 17,2010            
     Well, after loosing 2 emails yesterday that I wrote You,  I went to town on my preparation day " P " day for short. They had a sale at walmart on laptops, and Yes there was only ONE left !!!!  it's a Toshiba.    I am having a struggle with  it(of the minds) and I think its going to win!

     It is beautiful here today- the ground is  covered in snow the sites are all decorated so cute (green boughs and red bows) I feel like it is really 1800's.    

      So what I tried to tell you yesterday and lost was about Heber C. Kimble , I helped at his brick home  yesterday, what a history .   Heber and his wife ,Vilate joined the church with Brigham Young and his wife in 1832 in N.Y.. They moved to Missouri for 6 years. They were driven out by mobs and lost everything, they went to Quincy and were helped, then to Commerce, now called Nauvoo and he built a leanto out of an old stable, she had her 4 child there( this child , at 17 was one of the young men that carried the survivors of the Martin hand cart through the Sweet water river and saved their lives, He died a few years later from the effects of it).     Heber built  a small log cabin for winter then a larger one then he built this brick home and went on missions in his spare time !! One mission was with Brigham Young to England.   The reason the Mormons left was because they did not want any more killings and they would not deny the Book of Mormon.  Others might say  WHY, and I know they had a personal revelation that it was pure and true and I know, once you have had that you have to hold to it .    That is what is so different about  this gospel, We believe in personal revelation for ourselves, I don't think any other religion even talks about that.  
      Well I am off to the sewing room today to help others sew their dresses , it is set up nice I'm just glad I only have to be there every so often . 
   I am going to close before I loose this, Last night I lost part of the letter AGAIN!!(3rd time)I'll learn.     
 LOVE TO ALL, 
     Sister Janet

No comments: