Sister Janet Carol Howard
Illinois Nauvoo Mission
P.O. Box 215
Nauvoo, Illinois 62354-0215

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Love working in the gardens here


Hi everyone, Did you enjoy the “Butterfly Circus" email I sent you!
  It has calmed down here a lot, it was so nice to have the girls come and see Nauvoo.
  As you can see in one photo I love working in the gardens once a week, I've really made a dent here (You know I'm fast) well we have fun, my supervisor is Sister Skidmore.

  The first Sunday of Aug was 'Fast day " and I was working at the Skofield Bakery giving tours and a family stayed and asked lots of questions, I loved answering. I felt it such a blessing to tell them about the blessings of the temple and the peace that this gospel gives us. I feel the Holy Ghost with me whenever I need him, I don't want to end this setting apart to be a missionary - it's wonderful.

 These dolls I made for some missionaries that are leaving and I love them soooo. One of them was in charge of the Sunset Show, She was wonderful, and I put rouge on her dolls cheeks because she wears so much but it looks darling on her -I LOVE HER.  The other was like the dad here and made us all wood necklaces and beautiful pens with wood on them.   I hate to see them go. 


I had 50 tomatoes on my bushes and something ate them!!! I think a raccoon or a skunk.  I put coast soap slivers around, I hope they will stay away.   Well I finally got chiggers!! On one of my arms, Yea Jannette they drive a person crazy!!!  I got them working at Wilford Woodruff s back yard. 
  Well I'm happy still! The young preforming missionaries are leaving tomorrow, they were such fun, I hope they choose good companions to marry and have a life filled with love and kindness.   It is late and I'm in the gardens tomorrow at 6 am.
 LOVE, MOM/ Sister Howard






No comments: