Sister Janet Carol Howard
Illinois Nauvoo Mission
P.O. Box 215
Nauvoo, Illinois 62354-0215

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Carthage Jail

      I have thought alot about what I wanted to write as I go along each day, there isn't time to write !!!   I bet you wonder what is so time consuming  !?.  There  are sites to help at each day, 7 days a week we give tours every day and a show every night except Sun.  On Sunday we are at zone conferences and music performances, so wonderful .

     The Mississippi is so big and beautiful last week it was slightly frozen and snowed on  what a sight . and the sunsets are exquisite, corals and orange .  

      Well what I really want to tell you is, last week I helped at the Carthage jail .   I gave some tours, Yes ME !!   I feel so good there .   Just as I was leaving this man (about 30+ with 2 little girls) came in just as I was going off of my shift.    I felt so drawn to them, I welcomed them  but another lady took them to watch a movie, then go on a tour.  I told the other sister to be sure to give the girls a picture of CHRIST .    The father said they were not very religious but he wanted his girls to  come with him.    I felt so compelled to that little family, as I left  I wanted to go back and I haven't stopped thinking about them, I wish I could talk to them again . I know I could help them, I love them and I want them to be happy, I hope they come to Nauvoo.    ( Carthage and Nauvoo are about 30 mi. apart.

      On Christmas I fell- my front foot went forward and my back knee went down , I stood up and thought O GOOD I'm ok      Then 2 days later I was walking and my left knee went POP ! yes I am kind of in trouble but I am determined to not let it slow me down. The DR. for the Missionaries has looked at it  and is worried, I am a little concerned, I had a blessing on it this morning.  I am hobbling around and I use a cane.  CUTE HUH .   I made gingerbread cookies for all of the missionaries and put them in the mail room  today. They loved them .We had a New Years party tonight, Yes I'm home already, we laughed and had a fun time. My knee hurts so I'm going to bed with my new heating pad  Fun . 
 I LOVE EVERYONE.
 check out www.mormon.com?  there is a new short video about new years ,really cute, I hope you find it .

No comments: